To use Chromebit as a Beekeeper Slideshow device, follow these steps:
- Connect the Chromebit to a power supply and monitor. Make sure you have a USB keyboard and mouse connected to the USB port of the Chromebit.
- The Chromebit boots up and you are greeted with the first time initialization
- Set your language, keyboard and WiFi
- Accept the terms and conditions
- IMPORTANT: You must press CTRL + ALT + K at this time and enable Automatic Kiosk Mode. A Pop up Dialog must show up where you can confirm the Kiosk Setting. This cannot be done at a later stage.
- Note: The Chromebit stick might do an automatic update. If it does that you can't enable Kiosk Mode and you have to do a reset.
- Create a Google Account.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to complete the setup of the device
Setting up Wi-Fi Credentials
- Click on the notification area on the right lower corner
- Click on 'Connected to [network]'
- Click on 'Settings...'
- Click on 'Add connection'
- Enter connection details
- Click on 'Share this network with other users'
- Click Connect
Installing the Beekeeper Device Software
- Open Google chrome on the stick
- Enter the following URL: goo.gl/pcLdgN
- Click on the ''Add to Chrome' button
- Change the URL of the tab to: chrome://extensions
- Enable Developer mode
- Copy the ID of the "Beekeeper Device" extension
- Click 'Manage kiosk applications'
- Paste the ID of the Beekeeper Device extension in the 'Add kiosk application' text field
- Hover with the mouse over Beekeeper Device and press on 'Set to auto-launch'
- Restart the Device
- On the first restart, confirm that you would like to run the device in Kiosk Mode (if such popup occurs)
- Confirm that the Beekeeper Device Application has loaded successfully and it shows the Registration Code
Registering device with Beekeeper
- Go to the meta tenant dashboard and enable the managed_devices feature flag
- Go to the tenants dashboard to Engagement → Devices
- Click 'Register Device'
Follow the on screen instructions
Confirm that the Device is showing the slideshow