If you’d like to make the information in Beekeeper available through in your SharePoint or another website without duplicating efforts, you have the option of embedding a Beekeeper stream within that website. Note: when setting this up in SharePoint, the user must have admin privileges.
- Login to Beekeeper on the web app
- Click on your profile image in the top right corner and select “Dashboard”
- To the left, select the “Extensions” tab and then select the “Website Embed” subtab
- From the dropdown menu, select the stream you wish to embed
- If relevant, edit the configuration parameters in the code, as explained in the box below
- Copy the code
- Open a SharePoint article
- Create a new web part
- Paste the code that you copied from Beekeeper
- Save the page
Embedding Beekeeper into SharePoint Online
SharePoint Online does not allow the embedding of scripts into modern site pages, in order to protect your content: a malicious script could take over the page, resize its own window over your content, or change the content on the page without your consent.
Should you try to use the Beekeeper embedding code from the admin dashboard, you will receive the error: "This embed code doesn't seem to work. We only support iframe based embeds."
The embedded Beekeeper app resizes itself depending on how much content the user is viewing, to make for a smoother user experience. This is achieved through script injection, which SharePoint Online does not allow.
Embedding Beekeeper as an iframe:
You can add the Beekeeper web app to your SharePoint Online page as a fixed-size iframe, e.g.
<iframe src="https://your-company.us.beekeeper.io" width="800" height="600"></iframe>
You can change the width and height parameters to suit the layout of your content.
Should you encounter any difficulty, please contact our support team at email@example.com