This article will show you how to embed third-party systems or link relevant documents, such as safety regulations or the company handbook, into your Beekeeper app.
Beekeeper's Navigation Extensions contain customized shortcuts to any relevant websites or documents, empowering your colleagues by providing them with continuous access to the most important tools they need, all in one place. You can also customize these links to a particular department or group of coworkers by restricting access to individual sections of the Navigation Extensions.
Setting Up Navigation Extensions
To access the settings for your Navigation Extensions:
- Login to Beekeeper on a desktop computer
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner
- Select “Dashboard”
- Click the “Extensions” tab to the left
- Select the “Navigation” subtab
Sections are how you organize your Navigation Extensions and must be added first so that subsequent extensions can be assigned to each section.
To add your first section:
- In the top right corner, click the “Add” button and select “Add Section”
- Give your section a title
- If you would like to limit this section to a particular user group, select the group under the “Permissions” section
- Save your section
- Add any additional sections you might need, such as “Onboarding,” “Product Information,” “Training Materials,” or “Human Resources”
Extensions are the shortcuts to key websites or documents you would like to make available to your colleagues.
To add extensions:
- In the top right corner, click the “Add” button and select “Add Extension”
- Assign the extension to a section
- Upload an image to use as the extension icon (this can be any image saved to your computer)
- Give your extension a title
- Choose the extension type:
- NOTE: if you find the link does not work, you most likely need to add “https://” to the start of the URL
- If the type is a link: Copy and paste the URL into the text bar
- If the type is a file: Upload the file from your computer
Both sections and extensions can be rearranged in the Navigations Extensions dashboard. To reorder an extension or section, simply click on the menu icon to the left of the extension or section and drag it to a new location in the list.
Viewing Navigation Extensions on your mobile
Click 'More' to view Navigation Extensions on your mobile.
Commonly Used Extensions
- Company information
- Product information
- Standard operating procedures
- Onboarding Material
- Employee handbooks
- Emergency processes
- Career pages
- Social media channels
- Payroll portal
- External storage tools
- Company dress code
- Benefits information
- Employee perks
- Cafeteria Menu
- Events calendar
- Learning management system
- Sales information
- Submission for PTO